Current Available Jobs for KQTV
KQ2 - KQTV is your leading provider of local news, weather information, sports, community events and breaking news in Northwest Missouri and the four-state area, including St. Joseph, Maryville, Savannah, Cameron, and Atchison.
KQTV is looking for a creative, innovative producer to join our news team. The right
candidate will be able to consistently identify strong local, relevant content. You must be able to work in a deadline driven environment, edit video for multiple platforms and be responsible for the oversight of daily live broadcasts. Strong writing, organizational and people skills are vital. You should have a desire to produce compelling television using sound, video, graphics and live elements, and a passion for news.
- Exercise strong professional news judgement
- Develop and organize newscasts
- Supervise preparation and execution of live television newscasts
- Responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
- Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding
- Ability to react to breaking news quickly and accurately.
- Produce content for digital media platforms
- Work effectively under multiple deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a great opportunity into the television industry and an excellent position to learn and improve your producing, reporting, writing and storytelling skills.
Please email resume, cover letter and link to reel to:
KQTV | News Director
Background check and drug screening required for employment.
Traffic Clerk / Sales Assistant
Traffic Clerk/Sales Assistant
KQTV and KQ2.com are looking for a full time Traffic Clerk/Sales Assistant. Our office is located at 4000 Faraon in St. Joseph MO. We offer an excellent benefits package, business casual dress, and a fun place to work.
In this role, you would be responsible for coordinating with the traffic manager for; traffic instructions, managing logs, co-op scripts, facilitate commercial production and advertising orders, basic clerical administration, assist in programming, act as a backup to the Traffic Manager and support business development duties that sustain the efforts of the Sales Managers and Account Executives.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all general office administrative duties including, but not needed; ordering and maintaining office and marketing material
- supplies and forms.
- limited to: answering the phone/reception and directing callers as
- Provide administrative support to the Sales Manager and Account required, generate reports from the traffic management system.
- Executives in documenting sales activities and results, and as
- Generate sales documents and presentation materials.
- Contact clients regarding copy and delinquencies.
- Assist Sales Managers with meeting coordination, and other
QUALIFICATIONS-The following qualifications are preferred in order to successfully perform in this position, but are not limited to:
- High school or equivalent degree required and one to two years of prior experience in an office environment preferred.
- High level of computer skills.
- Strong organizational, written communication and verbal communication skills required.
- Good skills in end-user computer software applications e.g. word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and basic design.
- Experience using office equipment including, but not limited to computer, fax, telephone, copier, and scanner.
- Sales background is a plus.
- High level of initiative and ability to prioritize workload.
- Attention to detail and error-free work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Substantial level of independence and accountability for assigned projects.
- Strong team player.
Background check and drug test is a requirement for employment.
Please send resume and cover letter via mail or email to: Dirk Allsbury, P.O. Box 8369, St. Joseph, MO 64508 or email email@example.com.
Digital Sales Manager
DIGITAL SALES MANAGER
KQTV the ABC affiliate in St. Joseph, MO is looking for a high energy individual to lead our Digital Sales team as the Digital Sales Manager (DSM). This lucky individual will be a part of the exciting world of broadcast and digital media and be responsible for generating and growing our digital marketing revenue. Realistic $50k+ first year potential with salary and bonus. We offer training, medical, paid time off and other awesome benefits, for a full list read further. Visit KQ2.com and click on the “Careers” section under the “about us” tab to apply now.
Our Digital Sales Manager will be the market’s expert on digital services and will work both independently and in conjunction with our established sales team to achieve budgeted revenue goals in the digital marketing services area.
The Digital Sales Manager will achieve these responsibilities by professionally selling our suite of digital marketing services/products (including our station’s broadcast news website, mobile platform, targeted video, digital audience and reach extensions, SEO/SEM, and sponsorships) with the goal of advancing client objectives.
What you’ll do in the position:
- Be accountable for our digital revenue performance
- Assist the General Manager and Local Sales Manager in developing a digital sales calendar to properly plan for digital campaigns
- Be the expert of all digital sales and digital marketing products for KQTV
- Attend sales calls with existing sales staff and work independently to develop new accounts and grow existing accounts
- Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on the benefits of digital marketing
- Conduct educational forums and/or seminars for clients
- Be an effective closer
- Complete insertions and the billing process on all digital sales orders
- Collaborate with our local and national creative teams to design digital products that get results for the client
- Build and maintain a winning team culture that is centered on mutual respectWhat we are looking for in you:
- 2+ years of digital marketing or media sales preferred
- Significant knowledge of the local digital marketing services product offering and its effective use for clients
- Should have a proven track record in exceeding sales revenue goals
- Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who can work both independently and collaborating in a team environment
- Effective communication and client presentation skills
- Ability to interact with high-level decision makers
- Ability to execute in an organization through collaboration and a consultative process
- Excellent follow-up, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Up to date on the latest trends in digital marketing service industry
- Resourceful, self-motivated and a skillful multi-tasker
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to become proficient on in-house sales systems
- Education: BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising or related experience preferredMust Haves:
- Positive work attitude
- High Energy
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to sit and or stand for long periods
- Legal to work in the US
- Willing to take a drug screening
- Pass background check
What We Currently Offer:
- Salary and Bonus Potential of $50k+ first year
- A friendly work environment
- Up to 15 days PTO and seven paid holidays (annually)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Health Benefits including, health, vision, dental, prescription, life insurance, disability and flexible spending account
- Car allowance
- Phone allowance
- Entertainment perks
- Ongoing professional development to help you continue to be successful
- Company supplied laptop so you can work anywhere
- Proven successful approach for prospecting new clients
- Continual training from our local and nationwide team to prepare you with the skills to deliver results in the ever-changing world of digital media
Background check and drug screening required for employment.