Current Available Jobs for KQTV
KQ2 - KQTV is your leading provider of local news, weather information, sports, community events and breaking news in Northwest Missouri and the four-state area, including St. Joseph, Maryville, Savannah, Cameron, and Atchison.
Master Control Operator
Saturday and Sunday
12pm till 8pm
Run Master Control with Imagine Automation, 2.1 ABC and 2.2 Antenna TV.
Other PA hours availble.
Weekday morning news
Part-time Audio Operator
Monday through Friday, 4:15am-7:15am
Background check and drug screening required for employment
KQTV in St. Joseph, Mo. is looking for a sports anchor/reporter to produce and tell great local sports stories. You will produce and anchor sportscasts as well as contribute great content to our website, mobile, and social media platforms. You will also take an active role in our Friday night high school football highlight show Football 2 Night. You must have a passion for covering local high school and college-level sports. St. Joseph is also home to the Kansas City Chiefs summer training camp.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coverage of day-to-day local sporting events
- Write, shoot, edit sports stories for all platforms
- Identifying and enterprising local feature stories
- Creating relationships with the local sports community
You must have a strong work ethic and be a team player. Please apply by emailing resume and link to your recent work to News Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)
News – Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) – KQTV
KQTV in St. Joseph, Mo. has an opening for a multimedia Journalist (MMJ). Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories under strict deadlines.
Candidate must be open to flexible hours and capable of managing changing assignments.
This is a great opportunity into the television industry and an excellent position to learn and improve your reporting, writing and storytelling skills.
Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment. Please email your resume and a recent link of your work to Andy House – News Director, email@example.com
Drug screening and background check required for employment.
Marketing and Media Specialist
KQTV is looking for a dynamic sales professional to join our team. As an Marketing and Media Specialist, you will be working directly with local businesses to help them achieve their goals using KQTV and KQ2.com advertising products.
As an Marketing and Media Specialist you will use a consultative approach to work with businesses to determine their needs and long-term goals. Our clients’ success is at the top of our list and as a Marketing and Media Specialist you will enjoy watching your advertising solutions in action as your client’s business excels.
Your success will be measured by hitting and exceeding monthly goals, staying current with media technology and trends and handling rejection in stride while working as an individual in a team-focused environment.
What you’ll do in this position:
- Own your own client list of small to large businesses
- Become an expert in KQTV and KQ2.com advertising solutions
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Develop creative campaigns and proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Collaborate with our creative team to design and deliver the perfect advertising message across the perfect medium
What we are looking for in you:
- A natural curiosity about people and area businesses and the ability to inspire passion in others
- The ability to turn training and feedback into action
- Adaptable and able to think on your feet and be flexible
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Honesty, high-energy, drive, strong work ethic and a sense of humor
- Innovative ideas you can implement in television and digital advertising
- Aptitude and ability to master our sales tools
- A fun competitive nature
- Positive work attitude
- One to two successful years of sales experience or bachelor’s degree
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn industry-leading sales techniques that will enable you to craft solutions for your clients and close proposals
- General computer and email proficiency
- Working knowledge of various social media products
- Legal to work in the US
- Willing to take a drug screening
- Pass background check
What We Offer
- Up to 15 days PTO and seven paid holidays (annually)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Health Insurance including, health, vision, dental and flexible spending account
- Car allowance
- Phone allowance
- Entertainment perks
- Fitness membership
Think you have what it takes to be an Marketing and Media Specialist at KQTV? Send us your cover letter and resume today.
Job Type: Full-time
St. Joseph, MO 64506