Current Available Jobs for KQTV
KQ2 - KQTV is your leading provider of local news, weather information, sports, community events and breaking news in Northwest Missouri and the four-state area, including St. Joseph, Maryville, Savannah, Cameron, and Atchison.
Marketing and Media Specialist
KQTV is looking for a dynamic sales professional to join our team. As an Marketing and Media Specialist, you will be working directly with local businesses to help them achieve their goals using KQTV and KQ2.com advertising products.
As an Marketing and Media Specialist you will use a consultative approach to work with businesses to determine their needs and long-term goals. Our clients’ success is at the top of our list and as a Marketing and Media Specialist you will enjoy watching your advertising solutions in action as your client’s business excels.
Your success will be measured by hitting and exceeding monthly goals, staying current with media technology and trends and handling rejection in stride while working as an individual in a team-focused environment.
What you’ll do in this position:
- Own your own client list of small to large businesses
- Become an expert in KQTV and KQ2.com advertising solutions
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Develop creative campaigns and proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Collaborate with our creative team to design and deliver the perfect advertising message across the perfect medium
What we are looking for in you:
- A natural curiosity about people and area businesses and the ability to inspire passion in others
- The ability to turn training and feedback into action
- Adaptable and able to think on your feet and be flexible
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Honesty, high-energy, drive, strong work ethic and a sense of humor
- Innovative ideas you can implement in television and digital advertising
- Aptitude and ability to master our sales tools
- A fun competitive nature
- Positive work attitude
- One to two successful years of sales experience or bachelor’s degree
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn industry-leading sales techniques that will enable you to craft solutions for your clients and close proposals
- General computer and email proficiency
- Working knowledge of various social media products
- Legal to work in the US
- Willing to take a drug screening
- Pass background check
What We Offer
- Up to 15 days PTO and seven paid holidays (annually)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Health Insurance including, health, vision, dental and flexible spending account
- Car allowance
- Phone allowance
- Entertainment perks
- Fitness membership
Think you have what it takes to be an Marketing and Media Specialist at KQTV? Send us your cover letter and resume today.
Job Type: Full-time
St. Joseph, MO 64506
Heartland Media, LLC (KQTV) has an immediate opening for full time Traffic Manager. In this position, one would manage the daily preparation and maintenance of on-air logs, utilizing meticulous management of commercial inventory to maximize revenue.
Further, one would manage any Traffic Coordinators and/or Traffic Assistants employed by Heartland Media, LLC (KQTV) to help them also prepare and maintain on-air logs, maintain proper copy and traffic instructions, and manage commercial inventory to maximize revenue.
The Traffic Manager will also coordinate interdepartmentally with Sales Managers, Sales Assistants, and members of Creative Services to continue to find new best practices of functionality.
Traffic Manager Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ensuring accurate logs, copy, inventory, processing of orders
- Maintain inventory to control over sold situations by pre-empting spots for rate or program change
- Enter, revise, maintain and schedule syndicated and network formats.
- Administer staff training when necessary
- Work daily program logs: maneuver spots as needed, separate like advertisers, pre-empt spots as needed.
- Program department responsibilities: maintain program schedule with program changes, schedule makegoods for syndicated programs, and send program schedules to listing editors.
- Organize proper coverage and backup responsibilities when needed
- Work closely with station Sales Management, Sales Assistants, and Creative Service members
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Planning, assigning, and directing work. Appraising performance, reward and discipline employees, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Must be available by phone or e-mail on nights and weekends on occasion.
- Traffic Manager Preferred Requirements:
- Two years of traffic experience or similar work-related experience
- Experience with OSI or Wide Orbit platforms is helpful
- Exceptional organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- This position requires a person with outstanding administrative abilities, the ability to work well without supervision and the ability to successfully juggle simultaneous priorities. A pleasant, helpful personality coupled with stamina, creativity resourcefulness and team spirit are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of the broadcast television advertising process
- The ability to work effectively under pressure while adhering to traffic deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; use hands to operate office equipment and computer.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Background check and drug test is a requirement for employment.
To apply, submit resume to:
Attention: Dirk Allsbury
St. Joseph, MO 64506
KQTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer