Current Available Jobs for KQTV
KQ2 - KQTV is your leading provider of local news, weather information, sports, community events and breaking news in Northwest Missouri and the four-state area, including St. Joseph, Maryville, Savannah, Cameron, and Atchison.
Heartland Media, LLC (KQTV) has an immediate opening for full time Traffic Manager. In this position, one would manage the daily preparation and maintenance of on-air logs, utilizing meticulous management of commercial inventory to maximize revenue.
Further, one would manage any Traffic Coordinators and/or Traffic Assistants employed by Heartland Media, LLC (KQTV) to help them also prepare and maintain on-air logs, maintain proper copy and traffic instructions, and manage commercial inventory to maximize revenue.
The Traffic Manager will also coordinate interdepartmentally with Sales Managers, Sales Assistants, and members of Creative Services to continue to find new best practices of functionality.
Traffic Manager Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ensuring accurate logs, copy, inventory, processing of orders
- Maintain inventory to control over sold situations by pre-empting spots for rate or program change
- Enter, revise, maintain and schedule syndicated and network formats.
- Administer staff training when necessary
- Work daily program logs: maneuver spots as needed, separate like advertisers, pre-empt spots as needed.
- Program department responsibilities: maintain program schedule with program changes, schedule makegoods for syndicated programs, and send program schedules to listing editors.
- Organize proper coverage and backup responsibilities when needed
- Work closely with station Sales Management, Sales Assistants, and Creative Service members
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Planning, assigning, and directing work. Appraising performance, reward and discipline employees, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Must be available by phone or e-mail on nights and weekends on occasion.
- Traffic Manager Preferred Requirements:
- Two years of traffic experience or similar work-related experience
- Experience with OSI or Wide Orbit platforms is helpful
- Exceptional organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- This position requires a person with outstanding administrative abilities, the ability to work well without supervision and the ability to successfully juggle simultaneous priorities. A pleasant, helpful personality coupled with stamina, creativity resourcefulness and team spirit are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of the broadcast television advertising process
- The ability to work effectively under pressure while adhering to traffic deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; use hands to operate office equipment and computer.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Background check and drug test is a requirement for employment.
To apply, submit resume to:
Attention: Dirk Allsbury
St. Joseph, MO 64506
KQTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KQTV in St. Joseph, MO has an immediate opening for a Meteorologist/Reporter who can present the weather and cover the news of the day.
St. Joseph is located in the heart of the country and experiences all types of weather. From severe weather in the spring to blizzards in the winter, this part of the country sees it all. This opportunity is your chance to get to learn how to forecast different types of weather and gain severe weather coverage experience. This position will also allow you to dip your toes into news and gain experience reporting.
Education & Experience:
This is an entry level position but experience in news/weather is preferred
College degree in meteorology or related field preferred
Skills & Abilities:
Excellent communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Knowledge of WSI MAX software is a plus
Must have a valid driver's license
Interested applicants should send a resume and demo reel to the News Director, Andy House, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background check and drug screening required for employment.
KQTV is an equal opportunity employer.