Current Available Jobs for KQTV
KQ2 - KQTV is your leading provider of local news, weather information, sports, community events and breaking news in Northwest Missouri and the four-state area, including St. Joseph, Maryville, Savannah, Cameron, and Atchison.
P.A. (Production Assistant)
PAs needed for the following shifts:
Video Server Operator - Monday - Friday, 4:15pm - 6:40pm. Training provided.
Video Server Operator - Saturday and Sunday, 8:45pm - 11pm. Training provided.
Pay is $10/hour
Back ground check and drug screen required for employment.
Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)
News – Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) – KQTV
KQTV in St. Joseph, Mo. has an opening for a multimedia Journalist (MMJ). Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories under strict deadlines.
Candidate must be open to flexible hours and capable of managing changing assignments.
This is a great opportunity into the television industry and an excellent position to learn and improve your reporting, writing and storytelling skills.
Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment. Please email your resume and a recent link of your work to Andy House – News Director, email@example.com
Drug screening and background check required for employment.
Traffic Clerk / Sales Assistant
Traffic Clerk/Sales Assistant
KQTV and KQ2.com are looking for a full time Traffic Clerk/Sales Assistant. Our office is located at 4000 Faraon in St. Joseph MO. We offer an excellent benefits package, business casual dress, and a fun place to work.
In this role, you would be responsible for coordinating with the traffic manager for; traffic instructions, managing logs, co-op scripts, facilitate commercial production and advertising orders, basic clerical administration, assist in programming, act as a backup to the Traffic Manager and support business development duties that sustain the efforts of the Sales Managers and Account Executives.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all general office administrative duties including, but not
limited to: answering the phone/reception and directing callers as
needed; ordering and maintaining office and marketing material
supplies and forms.
- Provide administrative support to the Sales Manager and Account
Executives in documenting sales activities and results, and as
required, generate reports from the traffic management system.
- Generate sales documents and presentation materials.
- Contact clients regarding copy and delinquencies.
- Assist Sales Managers with meeting coordination, and other
QUALIFICATIONS-The following qualifications are preferred in order to successfully perform in this position, but are not limited to:
- High school or equivalent degree requiredand one to two years of prior experience in an office environment preferred.
- High level of computer skills.
- Strong organizational, written communication and verbal communication skills required.
- Good skills in end-user computer software applications e.g. word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and basic design.
- Experience using office equipment including, but not limited to computer, fax, telephone, copier, and scanner.
- Sales background is a plus.
- High level of initiative and ability to prioritize workload.
- Attention to detail and error-free work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Substantial level of independence and accountability for assigned projects.
- Strong team player.
Background check and drug test is a requirement for employment.
Please send resume and cover letter via mail or email to: Dirk Allsbury, P.O. Box 8369, St. Joseph, MO 64508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Production Assistant - server operator
Server operator for our 5pm and 6pm newscasts. Training provided.
Monday through Friday, 4:15pm - 6:40pm
Background check and drug screening required for employment.
Anchor / Reporter
KQTV in St. Joseph, MO is seeking an anchor/reporter who can prepare and deliver accurate news reports for our on-air and digital platforms.
Description of Duties:
As a Reporter:
- Write and prepare news reports as assigned by news management
- Edit video using VEGAS Pro
- Report live in studio and in the field
- Cover breaking news at any time during shift as well as on-call assignments
- Perform other duties as needed
As an Anchor:
- Fill-in on evening or morning newscasts
- Present and write news stories for on-air, digital, and social content
Education & Experience:
- This is an entry level position but experience in news is preferred
- College degree in journalism or related field preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to adapt to change at a moments notice
- Must be able to work under extreme pressure and deadlines
- Innovative and creative thinking skills
- Ability to establish reliable news sources
- Pitching stories
- Organizational and time management skills needed
- Be able to work independently
- Have good news judgement and ethics
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Will be required to pass a drug screening and background check
Interested applicants should send a resume and demo reel to the News Director, Andy House, at email@example.com.
KQTV is an equal opportunity employer.