Current Available Jobs for KQTV
KQ2 - KQTV is your leading provider of local news, weather information, sports, community events and breaking news in Northwest Missouri and the four-state area, including St. Joseph, Maryville, Savannah, Cameron, and Atchison.
Master control operator and newscast director
Job Title: Director and Technical Media Producer (TMP)
Hours: Full Time (Monday through Friday, 3pm – 11pm)
Supervisor: Steve Cline, Operations Manager
Special Skills: Must have good communications skills, the ability to think on his/her feet, knowledge of computers and production equipment. Candidate should have knowledge of directing.
Job Requirements: Run Master Control with Imagine Automation. Direct live newscasts with Ross Carbonite system.
Description: KQTV, the ABC affiliate in St. Joseph, MO is looking for a candidate with directing and or master control experience. He/she must have good communication skills and the ability to react quickly to changes. The candidate will also be responsible for other production duties such as web publishing, camera operation, audio operation and server operation. KQTV is an equal opportunity employer. We produce four newscasts per weekday and one per weekend day. Willingness to help cover other shifts for vacation/sick days.
When will the Position open: Now
When will the search close: When a suitable candidate is found.
Contact: Steve Cline, Operations Manager
PO Box 8369
St. Joseph, MO 64508
Back ground check and drug screening required for employment.
KQTV in St. Joseph, Mo. is looking for a sports anchor/reporter to produce and tell great local sports stories. You will produce and anchor sportscasts as well as contribute great content to our website, mobile, and social media platforms. You will also take an active role in our Friday night high school football highlight show Football 2 Night. You must have a passion for covering local high school and college-level sports. St. Joseph is also home to the Kansas City Chiefs summer training camp.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coverage of day-to-day local sporting events
- Write, shoot, edit sports stories for all platforms
- Identifying and enterprising local feature stories
- Creating relationships with the local sports community
You must have a strong work ethic and be a team player. Please apply by emailing resume and link to your recent work to News Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)
News – Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) – KQTV
KQTV in St. Joseph, Mo. has an opening for a multimedia Journalist (MMJ). Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories under strict deadlines.
Candidate must be open to flexible hours and capable of managing changing assignments.
This is a great opportunity into the television industry and an excellent position to learn and improve your reporting, writing and storytelling skills.
Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment. Please email your resume and a recent link of your work to Andy House – News Director, email@example.com
Drug screening and background check required for employment.
Heartland Media, LLC (KQTV) has an immediate opening for full time Traffic Manager. In this position, one would manage the daily preparation and maintenance of on-air logs, utilizing meticulous management of commercial inventory to maximize revenue.
Further, one would manage any Traffic Coordinators and/or Traffic Assistants employed by Heartland Media, LLC (KQTV) to help them also prepare and maintain on-air logs, maintain proper copy and traffic instructions, and manage commercial inventory to maximize revenue.
The Traffic Manager will also coordinate interdepartmentally with Sales Managers, Sales Assistants, and members of Creative Services to continue to find new best practices of functionality.
Traffic Manager Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ensuring accurate logs, copy, inventory, processing of orders
- Maintain inventory to control over sold situations by pre-empting spots for rate or program change
- Enter, revise, maintain and schedule syndicated and network formats.
- Administer staff training when necessary
- Work daily program logs: maneuver spots as needed, separate like advertisers, pre-empt spots as needed.
- Program department responsibilities: maintain program schedule with program changes, schedule makegoods for syndicated programs, and send program schedules to listing editors.
- Organize proper coverage and backup responsibilities when needed
- Work closely with station Sales Management, Sales Assistants, and Creative Service members
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Planning, assigning, and directing work. Appraising performance, reward and discipline employees, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Must be available by phone or e-mail on nights and weekends on occasion.
- Traffic Manager Preferred Requirements:
- Two years of traffic experience or similar work-related experience
- Experience with OSI or Wide Orbit platforms is helpful
- Exceptional organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- This position requires a person with outstanding administrative abilities, the ability to work well without supervision and the ability to successfully juggle simultaneous priorities. A pleasant, helpful personality coupled with stamina, creativity resourcefulness and team spirit are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of the broadcast television advertising process
- The ability to work effectively under pressure while adhering to traffic deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; use hands to operate office equipment and computer.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Background check and drug test is a requirement for employment.
To apply, submit resume to:
Attention: Dirk Allsbury
St. Joseph, MO 64506
KQTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer