March 29, 2019
WAAY 31 is looking for a dynamic newscast director/technical director. The director coordinates and executes all technical aspects of live and recorded broadcasts. Our directors work closely with producers to deliver fast-paced, production heavy shows throughout the day.
The ideal candidate will have a thirst for news and being first on-air with live pictures, video and studio presence. Clean shows are also of the utmost importance.
* Operates video switcher during live or tape broadcast.
* Supervises and directs operations crew during shift, during any live or taped production and ensure crew knows assigned duties.
* Supervises and directs operations crew following rundown, scripts and directions provided by producer.
* Prepares show rundown for live or taped production, making notes for production crew, detailing camera composition, audio sources, graphic sources, video clip channel assignment in ENPS for BitCentral video playback system, live shots, and news talent to follow throughout the show production.
* Oversee show plans ahead of time, checking with producer and advising crew of any changes that may be different.
* Make sure all artwork, graphics, video elements, video board setup is correct and fits into station’s established policy and look.
* Address specific needs of the show production with engineering such as microwave, satellite, internet or outdoor weather shot and make sure all are adjusted properly.
* Meet with producer early in shift, and before any show production or newscast to address any concerns, issues or changes that will affect crew placement or equipment needs.
If you need a flexible work-life balance, Huntsville, AL is a hidden gem. Rolling mountains surround the city, as do lakes and rivers. We are also home to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, Space Camp, the US Army’s Aviation and Missile command and the second largest research park in the country. If you like to travel, Nashville is a two-hour drive and Atlanta is a little more than three hours away.
Bachelor degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or equivalent. 2 years experience in broadcasting. Able to work independently and as a team member. Willing to work in any weather condition, holidays and weekends.
Interested candidates should send their resume and reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls accepted. WAAY 31 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WAAY 31 is owned by Heartland Media. Our company expects top performance and results, but provides the support and culture to win. Heartland believes that local television is rewarding and fun in a market that is rocket science! Must pass pre-employment drug screening. This is a full-time job. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and 401K plans!