Creative Services Director
The Creative Services Director is responsible for oversight of both station marketing and commercial production and leading a creative team of writers, editors, graphic artists and videographers.
Station Marketing consists of promoting various station products; prime, syndicated programming, news, digital, etc. Promotion of these productions varies from on-air promos, to print ads, to digital ads, events and more. The process of on-air promotion includes management of promo writing, producing, shooting, editing as well as promo scheduling and log management. A major portion of station marketing is maintaining the station product brands across all platforms. This entails making sure that any promo, digital or print element adheres to the brand elements for that particular product, be it News, Weather, Sports, AM News, etc.
The commercial production side produces on-air spots and other video elements for clients that advertise on our stations, ad agencies and others. The ideal candidate will have a strong service-oriented attitude.
The Creative Services Director is also responsible for maintaining a cohesive on-air graphics look across a spectrum of media, from the newscast elements to station IDS, syndicated promos, image promos, digital, print elements, car decals, down to letterhead and business cards. While the Creative Services Department does not create the original graphics package, management and support are required along with maintaining the look.
Lastly, the Creative Services Department is often responsible for special projects that fall outside of any one department’s directive. This includes live special events, print element support for sales projects, sponsored event support, and other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SKILLS REQUIRED/ QUALIFICATIONS:
Exceptional organizational skills
Skilled in Station Marketing and Brand Building On Air/Online
Ability to understand and utilize research/analytics
Manage Work Flow
Ability to work across/with various departments/clients/consultants
Community Service/Public Relations/Event Planning
Web and Mobile Logging and Inventory Control
Log Management and Inventory Control
Writing, Shooting, Editing
Image, Topical, Bag and Tag of syndicated and network products
Proof of Benefit
Social Media Posting, Web Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Text Marketing, Email Marketing
Contesting/On-Air/Online/Social Media platforms/texting
Motion Graphics, Online Graphics/Ads, Mobile Graphics/Ads, Social Media Graphics/Ads
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Mississippi driver’s license and be insurable to drive
- Passing a drug-screening and a background check is a pre-employment requirement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation, which does not create an undue hardship, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job employee will be required to stand (sometimes for extended periods of time), walk, sit, talk, hear; use fingers to handle or feel; stoop, kneel; reach with hands and arms.
- Requires on occasion for employees to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation, which does not create an undue hardship, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in moderate noise, mostly live television situations. This is a moderate stress- related position with constant interruptions, last minute changes and inquiries.
- Working past normal hours may be required to make sure all projects are completed in a timely manner when special programming is required. Normal working hours for this position are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Some after hours and weekend work is required.
When applying please mention how you found out about the opening.
To apply, submit résumé to:
Mississippi TV LLC
Attention: General Manager
Post Office Box 320
Tupelo, Mississippi 38802-0320
MS TV LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER