Current Available Jobs for KQTV
KQ2 - KQTV is your leading provider of local news, weather information, sports, community events and breaking news in Northwest Missouri and the four-state area, including St. Joseph, Maryville, Savannah, Cameron, and Atchison.
KQTV in St. Joseph, MO has an immediate opening for a Meteorologist/Reporter who can present the weather and cover the news of the day.
St. Joseph is located in the heart of the country and experiences all types of weather. From severe weather in the spring to blizzards in the winter, this part of the country sees it all. This opportunity is your chance to get to learn how to forecast different types of weather and gain severe weather coverage experience. This position will also allow you to dip your toes into news and gain experience reporting.
Education & Experience:
This is an entry level position but experience in news/weather is preferred
College degree in meteorology or related field preferred
Skills & Abilities:
Excellent communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Knowledge of WSI MAX software is a plus
Must have a valid driver's license
Interested applicants should send a resume and demo reel to the News Director, Andy House, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background check and drud screening required for employment.
KQTV is an equal opportunity employer.
Traffic Clerk / Sales Assistant
Traffic Clerk/Sales Assistant
KQTV and KQ2.com are looking for a full time Traffic Clerk/Sales Assistant. Our office is located at 4000 Faraon in St. Joseph MO. We offer an excellent benefits package, business casual dress, and a fun place to work.
In this role, you would be responsible for coordinating with the traffic manager for; traffic instructions, managing logs, co-op scripts, facilitate commercial production and advertising orders, basic clerical administration, assist in programming, act as a backup to the Traffic Manager and support business development duties that sustain the efforts of the Sales Managers and Account Executives.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all general office administrative duties including, but not
limited to: answering the phone/reception and directing callers as
needed; ordering and maintaining office and marketing material
supplies and forms.
- Provide administrative support to the Sales Manager and Account
Executives in documenting sales activities and results, and as
required, generate reports from the traffic management system.
- Generate sales documents and presentation materials.
- Contact clients regarding copy and delinquencies.
- Assist Sales Managers with meeting coordination, and other
QUALIFICATIONS-The following qualifications are preferred in order to successfully perform in this position, but are not limited to:
- High school or equivalent degree requiredand one to two years of prior experience in an office environment preferred.
- High level of computer skills.
- Strong organizational, written communication and verbal communication skills required.
- Good skills in end-user computer software applications e.g. word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and basic design.
- Experience using office equipment including, but not limited to computer, fax, telephone, copier, and scanner.
- Sales background is a plus.
- High level of initiative and ability to prioritize workload.
- Attention to detail and error-free work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Substantial level of independence and accountability for assigned projects.
- Strong team player.
Background check and drug test is a requirement for employment.
Please send resume and cover letter via mail or email to: Dirk Allsbury, P.O. Box 8369, St. Joseph, MO 64508 or email email@example.com.
Television IT Support Specialist
Television IT Support Specialist
Chief Engineer and the Vice President/General Manager
This position is responsible for maintaining all user workstations, active directory server, VOIP phone system management, and planning future computer upgrades. The IT specialist will also work alongside the Engineering department with special projects and duties.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Work in a small team that manages all aspects of systems - from user support to servers, networks, and Telecom
- First responder to system outages – must keep systems running, live, and on-the-air
- Provide support for all servers, desktops and notebooks and MS operating systems enterprise wide, including Active Directory maintenance, DNS and VPN support, Mac OS X environment support, backup support, meeting with vendors
- Work to continually improve operational and other departmental processes?
- Responsible for support and the implementation of system enhancements (software and hardware updates)
- Implement and support company security policies, including group policies and anti-virus support
- Participate in on-call support
- 40 hours a week with possibilities of overtime. This may vary depending on projects, vacations, or technical issues.
- Assist the Engineering department with day-to-day duties and special projects.
- Aid the General Manager and Chief Engineer in IT capital planning
- Fill-in for Chief Engineer in his absenceSKILLS REQUIRED/QUALIFICATIONS:
- A two-year computer & networking related college degree or better; or an equivalent combination of education and experience suf?cient to successfully perform the essential duties of an IT Engineer such as problem solving, detailed analysis, logistical thinking, organization, strong interpersonal skills, and a high skill level in all aspects of technologies
- Windows 10 administration 1 yrs.+?
- Strong Windows Desktop support and management skills
- Strong hardware management experience with desktops, notebooks and servers
- Knowledge of Video Editing Software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Must be able work in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks at once.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. bend, kneel, squat, stand, climb, and operate basic hand tools.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Missouri driver’s licenseSTATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
- The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change, or exigencies require it. Dirk Allsbury
- Send a resume and cover letter to: